International students can apply for scholarships from universities and Commonwealth governments,
which are awarded during a main round offer. They provide a living so that you can commit yourself
Full-time study. Historically, over 90% of international students have a scholarship from UON or a sponsor.
Eligible Countries: International Students
To be taken at (country): Australia
Offered annually? Yes
Application Deadline: 16th October, 2018
Type: Undergraduates, Masters, PhD
Scholarships are granted on the basis of academic merit, which includes your undergraduate grade point average and extra research attainments.
Eligibility: To be eligible for scholarship candidate must:
- Written statement of support from a UON supervisor
- Met admission eligibility criteria
- Be no more than two full-time equivalent years into their PhD (or one year for Masters) at the
scholarship closing date in which you are applying.
Successful international scholarship candidates usually also have:
- A master degree with strong research component
- International peer reviewed research publication or research experience
Number of Scholarships: Several
Value of Scholarship: A scholarship funded by the University of Newcastle or the Commonwealth
- An annual living allowance $26, 682 per annum (2017 rate – indexed annually)
The scholarship may also include:
- A relocation allowance (up to $2,500)
- A full tuition fee scholarship
- Overseas student health cover (OSHC) (international students and their dependent)
How to Apply:
Currently enrolled candidates can apply for a scholarship by contacting
New applicants can apply for a scholarship at the same time as Applying For Admission.