The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships scheme is a valuable, inclusive programme which will have a far-reaching impact for generations to come.
Young people will have access to new scholarships to study abroad at a wide range of universities across the Commonwealth, thanks to a scheme announced today by HRH Prince Harry in his first speech as Commonwealth Youth Ambassador.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships will provide life-changing experiences for young leaders with the energy and talent to make a difference in their home countries and beyond. The scheme will offer study opportunities not previously available and widen collaboration across the Commonwealth.
By 2025, an additional 150 Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars from across the Commonwealth will have studied at leading universities in low and middle income countries.
The scholarships are being named after HM The Queen as a fitting tribute to her immense contribution as Head of the Commonwealth, and her longstanding dedication to education and youth. The first Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars will begin their studies in 2019, coinciding with the 70th anniversary of the Commonwealth and the 60th anniversary of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP)
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships will be supported by an expansion of the CSFP endowment fund, which was established by Commonwealth governments including Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Brunei Darussalam, Cameroon, Kenya, Malaysia, the Maldives, Mauritius, the Seychelles, Sri Lanka, and the UK. The CSFP endowment fund, which is managed by the Association of Commonwealth Universities, will be able to support even more scholarships from 2019 thanks to an additional £5 million contribution from the UK government.
- Student’s academic achievements
- Volunteer work and professional interests.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in the sector/track selected
- Full free tuition fee.
- An annual living allowance.
- Travel allowance.
- Health insurance coverage.
To apply, you must submit an official application for admission and a scholarship through the online application system.
There is no application fee.
It is important to access the online application system and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
How To Apply:
- Fill up the online applications for scholarship programs on this platform.
- Upload your transcripts form to the online application.
- Write a statement of purpose, this should convey your interest,academic qualification and your goals.
- Submit the application online when all the necessary documents required are completed.